Thursday, June 28, 2012

see the Buddha



The Buddha:
 “A monk once approached the Buddha asked to be taught everything the Buddha knew.  The Buddha answered if I teach you everything you will go mad!”
The Buddha: “All I teach is the way leading to enlightenment---the utter destruction of suffering and the cause of your suffering.”


The Buddha:
“ The leaves in my palm is all I teach not all the leaves on the tree.”


The Buddha:
“those who penetrate my dharma will see me!”


Zen Master:
“Secret in spiritual life is actually an open secret.  You can read about it, listen to it, study it and still go nowhere.  That is simply because you are not ready for the whole Truth.  You need to be guided- as a baby taking baby steps. As the Great cloud gate Zen master says : “one for one”.  So this is the secret of the spiritual life.”
“Is your dharma practice alive? Is the Buddha alive to you? “

“Or is he just a meaningless chant or mantra? “

No comments:

Post a Comment